View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Forest Sprite

I haven't been back as an active member of the hobby all that long (about 5 years) and I don't amass kits at the same rate as many regular posters to this forum, but still, I have about 95 or so unbuilt kits awaiting my attention. I do intend, at this point anyway, to build them all... eventually. Although I have been accumulating kits at a slow but steady rate since becoming a BAR, only a handful of the rockets in my current fleet were actually built from kits (the most recent being my Golden Scout). The vast majority of the rockets that I have built in the past 5 years have been scratch-built clones of great rockets that I wanted when I was a kid, or ones that I missed out on because they were released during my long sabbatical from the hobby. I am still going full-tilt in that mode. After the clones, a significant number of the remainder of my fleet are UFO-style rockets, along with a MicroMaxx fleet.

I only built 5 rockets, all of them from Estes Industries, when I was a kid: a K-25 Astron Alpha (of course!), a K-15 Astron Sprite, a K-40 Astron Midget, a K-39 Semi-Scale Saturn V and a K-30 Little Joe II. My parents were never very happy with my choice of hobby, and after I went off to college, they went into my room and gathered up my small fleet, my Electro-Launch launcher, my building supplies, and my LIVE motors , and sent them all to the dump.

Mark \\.
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011