View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 10:22 PM
Surfrajettes Fan

Thumbs up 2018 Blues/ 2019 Resolutions

Comrades:

I'll say it up front, 2018 stunk. I was thrilled to see Midnight, 1/1/19.

From a rocket point of view, I only managed one launch all year. Everytime I had time, the weather or my young recovery crew had different plans. I didn't even get a single leg of my NARTrek Silver done although I now think I have everything ready to go for launch.

On the plus side, I did get some building done. I learned about and made various gliders, both parasite and pop-pod. I now have a Vashon glider and an Enerjet glider like it's 1972 again and I can't wait to go try them out. I have a special Glider Launching Rocket for the little parasites. I only had a few Rescues: a Sandhawk and an Arcas. I did research and scratch-build an SS-520-5 and built a Centuri/Semroc Nike-Smoke with a different paint job. Lastly, in an all-time, epic example of impulse buying, I built a Black Hole Probe after "discovering" the fin set for it on the Semroc site. I had one as a kid, but I remember I wasn't particularly fond of it and yet here's a new one sitting on my desk in all its metallic blue glory.

Geez.

For 2019, I've got a seriously aggressive plan:

1) Semroc 1/10 Phoenix (Semroc part set)
2) Semroc 1/35 V-2 (Semroc part set)
3) 1/10 Nike CHTT
4) Finish the LTV Scout that's been lying around for years
5) painting a very special Blossom V-2
6) Finish a BT-60 White Sands V-2
7) 3" Super Big Bertha for 29mm power
8) 1/10 Nike-Ajax in pieces around here somewhere

From a skills point of view, I'm going to finish my NARTrek Silver, learn how to make my own decals and learn 3D printer programming with the ultimate goal of an ST-16 size Soyuz lattice interface.

Oh, and I'm going to win the Club Championship, too.

So what was your 2018/2019 analysis?

Awaiting First Launch: Too numerous to count
Finishing: Zooch Saturn V; Alway/Nau BioArcas; Estes Expedition; TLP Standard
Repair/Rescue: Cherokee-D (2); Centuri Nike-Smoke; MX-774
On the Bench: 2650;
Dream Stage: 1/39.37 R-7