View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 05:28 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbons4
EVERYTHING! FSI was a small company and I was one of the few family outsiders that worked there. I was hired as a machinist and made about every part for rockets , pads, and launch equipment. I made motors later when we started producing our own motors. (When Lonnie and Larry bought the company from George Roos ,he kept making the motors in Burns Flat, OK. but his schedule was not very timely for a buisness. ) When I last worked there ,I was also working on couple new kits and redoing the catalog. That was first part of 1986.

Did the new kits you were working on at that time make it into production or were they prototypes?

Welcome to the forum and thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us!

I never met Lonnie in person but back in the early 80's I called him several times with the phone number in the front of the catalog. He was always very kind and you could tell he enjoyed talking rockets with customers. He told me about a Nova kit he had converted to fly on F100's that he flew to some pretty respectable altitudes.

I was lucky to have a local hobby store {Model Car Raceways} that stocked the full line of FSI products - kits and motors.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates