View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 09:08 AM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Steve,

will have a 'surprise' for you later, once I get my scanned ported out

I actually have the CRM issue with the 2250 based 2 stager you built, but appreciate the offer.

( do you have a list of what CRM isues you have, here's a list of mine, if you have / need scans I'd love to trade :-)
California Rocketry
.........NEED April '81 (?1st), July '81
Have: Oct '81; Jan '82; April '82; July '82; Oct '82; Jan '83,April '83; July '83
........... ? need any after July '83 ???
(Oct '83,Jan '84,April '84,July '84 - these per Jerry's site )

I'll have to go back and look for that 2 staged 2650 photo, I was just thirlled to find the one I posted, lol ...
although, what else I recall from that centerfold is the ' what happened to Jim Jaworski' info,and pics of 38mm J motor flown in ,like 1980 ?
and the back cover USR ad has some great photos, including the Jaworski rocket ( later kitted by Jerry as the Megaroc ),on J and 8 x D12 power, iirc.
I might have to build a Megaroc for old time sake, I have the USR Mongrel, which uses the same fins, so I have patterns.(lmk if you want any 'unpostable' patterns,lol- AAA, Ace, USR, Loc,etc).
Did find a tracing I did of the fin pattern for the West Coast Rocketry Screamer kit, while looking for the AAA info I promised.
( see review here: http://www.rocketreviews.com/review...r_screamer.html ).
would be real easy to clone with Semroc or BMS Bt70HD tubing,and semi-custom cone.
I do know the original WCR kits used Kosdon 1.9 and 2.25" casting tubes, same tubing as Aerotech 1.9 ( also started life as 54mm casting tubes) and the 2.25 same as USR and Cd/Stargates tubing. ( this info straight from Kosdon when I was a dealer ).

more info as it turns up.

~ AL