View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 04:51 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Thanks all! I appreciate the help. Received the bundle today. My local rocket club has a launch on Sunday so I'll see if I can get one of them put together by then (since they're E2X).

Yes, I meant, but forgot to mention the free shipping on orders over $39.99 too. That made it an even better deal.

I checked out my local Hobby Lobby today too and picked up the Star Orbiter PSII using the 40% off coupon. I know this isn't a E2X but it's still pretty basic assembly.

Wadding - if it's really the same stuff, it seems silly they sell it as specifically "Pro Series II" wadding. It's a bit misleading in my opinion. Just the other day I bought some of the regular wadding just because I thought there might be a difference that I might not want to use PSII wadding in my regular rockets. They should just call it a "bulk pack" or something like that. It's definitely more cost effective than the standard wadding package (3x the quantity for only twice the price.

Cellulose for wadding - that's the "blow-in" type of insulation, that looks like shredded newspaper, right? Is that stuff fire resistant like the Estes wadding is? I didn't realize that. If so, then yeah, I can see that might be much more cost effective, especially for larger rockets.

PSII Launch controller - I knew it used 6 C cells vs. 4 AA cells, and thus would have more power, I just wasn't sure when I'd need that more power. Thanks for the clarification regarding the larger engines. I'll probably stick to E & F engines for a while. If I can find a really good deal on a PSII controller and/or pad at some point, I might pick them up.

Epoxy - Since I'm probably going to stick with the E & F engines recommended for these models for now, I'll probably just stick to regular glue. If I decide to go larger, I can always build some later models with extra strength. I've definitely used epoxy to glue things in general and do know how it works, but never on rockets before. Yeah, I'd probably need to practice up a bit for more precise gluing needs on rockets. Though I suppose it'll have the advantage of setting up quicker than regular glue. (THE biggest thing I hate about building rockets is waiting for glue to dry.) But that also means I have to be more precise and right on with my alignment up front.

Thanks again!!