View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 09:45 AM
Master Modeler

Thanks, BARGeezer, sorry it has taken some time to respond to you. I had to do some family business so I have been on the road for a couple days. Being on the road gives me a lot of time to think about the Vostok challenge. Your right you have to me hardheaded to continue to work on such a hard problem of getting a stable flight out of this rocket.

I'm glad you agree about using a liner tube to keep the heat away from the plastic.

My thoughts on the rear ejection I am shelving for the time being. Your right it would require a lot of work and you would be adding more weight to the rear end and that is something we don't need.

I have given the motor the most though and I agree a single use 18mm D size is the way to go. The price is a little pricey but its worth it over the cleaning hassle of the reloads.

Some more thoughts I have come to. I don't want to use the launch lug provided in the kit. I will glue the lunch lug in a different place. I would like to use the engine that is for the display model on the outer four tanks for flight. Some more rear-end weight but hoping the D motor can handle it. I would like to make the flight fins out of clear material the same size as the flight fins provided in the kit but paint the scale size fins on the clear fins for effect.
Your right Hobbylinc has the best price on this kit. In a way, I will be glad to get the holidays over so I can get started on this project. Who knows maybe I can get a little work started on it anyway.

Thank again BARGeezer for your thoughts It helps to hear from another Hardhead.