View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 11:13 PM
Almost shovel ready

[QUOTE=LeeR]

I had reached out to John last November to inquire about his health, and to see how he was doing. Here is his reply:

[I]Lee: Thanks for the heads up from Ted. My usual e-mail is mrcluster@yahoo.com. I've been trying to be positive about my current condition but things have not been going so well. I've been fighting Prostate Cancer since 2014 with surgery, radiation and hormones but that nasty little PSA floating around in my system has infected my Lymph system and my oncologist is not sure what we will be doing next. I'm hoping to get into a clinical program out at NIH, but have not heard back from them yet. I'll keep pluging along so Keep the flyin Micronized.

Having experienced prostate cancer myself, I felt a certain connection to John when I first learned that he too was facing a similar ordeal. But since I was apparently banned by TRF I asked my friend Lee Reep to PM John for me and to give him my email address. John subsequently emailed me and at some point I offered to send him one of my mini-Guillotine Fin Jigs gratis. And so I did.

I never heard back from him and can only assume that he was dealing with this ghastly monster. I hope he liked my gift and was able to test it, if only for awhile. I was saddened to hear of his passing. Rest in Peace, John McCoy.