View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Launching since 1970.

Again, you provided no information on the year of manufacture. That is hidden in the code stamped on the side of the casing.

You mentioned buying C5-3 motors recently, and that shows you exactly how you can find motors made many years ago on the shelf today.

They dropped the C5-3 because they cost more to make and they had a very bad problem in year X when virtually all the C5-3 motors blew the casings apart when fired. You or I would simply say to fix the problem (which, IIRC, they identified as a flaw in tooling), but they did not want to deal with it in the future. Instead we have the C11 motor now.

So, the motors from the new Blast Off Flight Pack (BOFP, not BLFP) - did they have the mottled super strong clay or the powdery white "Poopy Clay"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The C5-3 was purchased from a hobby shop 4 weeks ago "new" old stock in the "old" estes packaging...I bought their remaining 4 packs.....shame Estes discontinued these...there is nothing a C6-3 can do that a C5-3 won't do better !
The C6-3 should have been the motor they discontinued.

The A8-3's and B6-4's were from a new BL Flight Pak purchased less than a month agom at Michael's craft store.

Obviously the B6-0 would not have smoke

The C6-7 came from a pack purchased in the last 6 months at a local hobby shop.

If these are the "better" than 3 yrs ago Estes motors, I'm sure glad I did not have them.

The C5-3 had about the same smoke as all the other "modern" motors.

They could solve this by doing something simple.....CHANGE BACK TO THE OLD FORMULA !