View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 05:42 AM
Paper Rocketeer

Yeah - I've mined all the usual sources. I know the dimensions and shapes of the parts listed in the 63 catalog, but I was noting the difference between the BT-1 and BT-40 dimensions even though they should be the same. Chalk that up to different suppliers, I suppose . I also did know that some of the nose cones and the fin unit were surplus fireworks parts (we've discussed that here or on TRF before).

But the real question is: does anyone have either any of those old nose cones and fin unit, or the plan book? If nothing else, the plan book should be scanned and posted for posterity. I think, given the dimensions and drawings in the 63 catalog and the dirty bird plans, I can make 3D models of those parts, but it would be nice to actually see the parts even if only a photograph. And a set of documentation photos - straight on from multiple directions so the photos can be measured - would be a real bonus.

Member of Launch Crue - http://launchcrue.org/

Hint #1: Do not use magician's flash paper for recovery wadding!

Hint #2: Clean your shoes after flyin' in that cow pasture - that ain't no dirt clod on the sole!