View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
One to build and fly, and one to keep in the bag, is a path that I think I'm beginning to go down... right now I've got two SpaceShipOne kits, and I only plan to build one... and I may buy another one. I also have spare Quest Icaruses and Quest Tomahawk SLCMs.

Back in the early days when nothing was die cut or laser cut, I used to save the patterns and instructions for each of my kits. If anything happened to one of my rockets, I could just make another from the patterns and instructions.

Hey, that sounds like what I'm doing now, "cloning old rockets".

I had three boxes of rockets, parts and other assorted stuff and when I got back into rocketry, I discovered that one of the boxes was missing. I can only guess that it disappeared during the last time I moved. Most of the patterns and instructions were in the missing box along with a few kits and several rockets that were built.

But I can still get the instructions and patterns from YORS and Jim Z and if I don't want the hassle of hunting up the separate parts , John at Thrustline can supply me with a "parts kit" of everything I need for the clone minus decals and instructions at a reasonable price.