View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Master Modeler

This is exactly correct. I have some Cineroc movies I made in the mid-late 90's and thought it would be a good idea to transfer to DVD. What you describe is my experience as well. The ability to flip through a movie frame-by-frame is what makes these films fun.

I really would like to get a couple of smallish prints made from some frames though. I know they will be grainy and I can't go crazy with the enlargement, but there are a few frames on a couple of films that are just spectacular. On one film I have the camera is looking right down the body tube as the parachute is being ejected. In about three frames you see the parachute and wadding being blown out the tube with this orange fireball right behind it. In another film (a two-stage flight) there is this really cool burst of flaming black powder chunks being blown away as the first stage drops. Its pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitflite
He had them transferred to VHS a while back and they just weren't as much fun. When he was using the projector he did slow motion most of the time and would occasionally pause it to show a particular image. You can't do that with super 8 to VHS transfers due to the fact that its almost always blurry when slowed or paused because you stop the images between frames.