View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

No offense intended, Paul. It hurt like hell when I had to give up my membership in the NAR for financial reasons. Model rocketry has been a part of my life since a time when my primary income was the fifty cents a week allowance I got, along with spare change made by mowing lawns and cleaning basements.

I have never quite consideed myself a BAR, since I never really left rocketry... Through the years, I would build and fly for my own enjoyment, and I can't tell you how many boys and girls (yes, GIRLS) I have introduced to the hobby. Watching them build a rocket from scratch, and seeing their eyes as THEIR rocket streaked heavenward has been one of the delights of my life. I still do that when I can, of course, but I miss the NAR. I feel not so much like I left it, as that it left me.

I am happy as can be that you and the rest of the Old Rocket Forum people are here, to support the hobby, to encourage other hobbyists, and to "keep 'em flying." It means a lot to me that you and the others are here so a sometimes crochety old man has someone to tell his stories to, and occasionally to rant to. Thank you!

The Fireman,

formerly NAR 2217,
Peak City Section #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
Point taken Fireman. My point was directed at folks who could afford it, yet choose not to. FWIW, I don't subscribe cable/satellite/uverse TV.