View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Seagulls Beware...

Thanks for the replies.

I've got the fin templates from JimZ... Problem is, there's no indication of scale, and even if it was in a format that prints scaled properly in the US, here in China, it won't print scaled properly. I'm unable to get consistent scaling here too... Some images are 15/16" to the inch, some are 7/8" to the inch... Occasionally, 9mm to 10mm. I have no idea why, and I can't understand what the lady who runs the print shop is trying saying to me anyway (unless it's very basic 2nd year Mandarin (she might be speaking Yantai Hua (the local dialect) too)).

That's why I've been putting out so many requests for scans with rulers. lately. If I have a ruler (or an inch marked out for scale), I can scale my printouts (or just bypass printing altogether, and scale my image).

Can anyone confirm the 2 13/16" measurement? Again, if I can nail down the length of the root edge from the forward point to the "Locating Mark", I can scale from that and I'm golden. Of course since this is a "hand cut" fin pattern, I realize that there can and will be differences in measurements of actual fins (but the pattern should be fairly constant).

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack."
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.