View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 08:23 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wooten
You can't have mine.....

While I was cleaning out part of the garage yesterday evening, I ran across two untapped full cans of R-12. I have everything needed to launch the Marauder as it was intended to be used. That puppy goes to the top of the build pile....

Not to be a rules nazi, but you DO know that intentionally releasing R-12 to the atmosphere is illegal, right??

Not that I believe all the hype about ozone holes from CFC's and all that crap (when I was in mechanic's school we were told SEVERAL TIMES about the dangers of servicing or working on vehicles with leaky AC systems near service pits-- some guys have passed out and even died from R-12 vapors, which are heavier than air, sinking and running along the floor and displacing all the air in service pits, depriving guys working in them of sufficient oxygen to breathe. NO WAY that stuff THAT heavy could get into the upper atmosphere to eat ozone-- unless it was from halon on aircraft that leaked in flight (and I have my doubts about that) plus if CFC's were such a problem and eat SO much ozone, why do cities where MOST of the cars and trucks and industry using and releasing CFC's have smog (ozone) problems?? Doesn't make a bit of sense!)

Anyway, R-12 is STUPID expensive and you can sell the stuff and get a GOOD chunk of change for it... then you can buy a big supply of airbrush propellant and use that to launch your cold power kit. MUCH better use of the R-12...

Later! OL J R