View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Compulsive BAR

Send a message via MSN to Bob Thomas Send a message via Yahoo to Bob Thomas
Default Scorpius

Nice to see this plan revisited. It is one of my favorites as well. I recently built the PDR kit and it was tons of fun. I immediately started planning an upscale, but it will have to wait, too many others in my immediate que. Anyway, I redrew the Decal sheet to better define the solar panels and played with the shading off the typical 3 color R-B-Y decals provided. My first launch the chute burned through, venting the decent right into the trees. Damage to a pod that required rebuilding. This reminded me that the dowel setting was tricky (I opted for the flat square placement). It seemed that the pods, connected by only the dowels seemed to warp while setting, an annoying little quirk. This left them slightly skewed and slightly out of parallel. I should have fixed this when I replaced the forward pods on both sides (for uniformity) . When I do get to the upscale, I'm considering making the inner bt continuous, still hollow, with some tech details ala Dykstra or Lucas space models. I also have plans for a light kit, nothing fancy, space dock illumination type.

PM me for the decal its 8 megs, uncompressed. Not perfect, but easier to enlarge and adjust.