View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 11:39 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
A couple weeks ago I was able to pick up a near-mint sealed K-37/1237 Astron Scrambler on eBay for what I thought was the measley sum of $51.00+shipping.
That's only like $21 over what the recently produced Semroc retro-repro Scramblers went for.
This is in the blue-hang-tag skill level 3 packaging.
I found this to actually be a great bargain as all the others have went well over $100.
I was surprised to get it for what I paid.
The same seller had a mint Estes Nike Ajax for sale also, but it went for over the $100 I was willing to pay. I think that one went for about $123.

That's a killer deal. Love to hear about one that occasionally slips through. I was the high bidder several times in the past month on vintage rocketry auctions, but lost in the closing minutes. I'll go to a certain point, and if that's not good enough, so be it.
On the other hand, I was looking over my Semroc Scrambler this past weekend. All that's left for me to do is glue in the engine mount and paint it.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper