View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Born Late Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
I don't know which "this" you are referring to, but Aleene's "Tacky" white glue that I've bought this year grabs quickly, and the Elmer's Glue-All that I bought this summer (I'm still using that bottle) does flow more freely when warmed.

Interesting, I'll have to experiment with that. I did a test earlier this year (in August, I didn't check the temperature in my workshop but it was probably in the mid sixties or low seventies). Putting a coupler into a piece of BT-60, a thin film of Glue-All grabbed immediately. A heavy application (2 or 3 times as much) stayed mobile for a minute or two. Both thin and thick applications of Elmer's Wood Glue (yellow glue) grabbed immediately. Of course a comprehensive test would involve many trials of several different glue amounts. But this showed that Glue-All (at that temperature) can grab right away, and without a lot more experimentation I'd be uncertain how much I'd have to use to avoid grabbing. Certainly the thick application I used was what I'd consider excessive for good building technique.
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com