View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Master Modeler

The rumor about production being done at an old Nike base are true. A friend and I went there on the way back from LDRS in 1990.

We called the day before and got directions.

It was way in the middle of nowhere, at the end of a gravel road with a few farm houses on it.

There were a fair number of trees around. If there was a bunker or silo, it wasn't visible from the parking lot. There was one low, tan, 1950ish military building. We sat in one cluttered office and talked with Harold Reese while the secretary fetched our order of motors. He didn't seem very interested in LDRS or high power.

I remember that there was a framed copy of an article about the company from a recent AmSpac, or whatever is was called then.

Harold left after awhile. We asked the secretary if we could see some of the catalog models. I was curious about the official paint job. Yoiks! Real let down. I did a far better job of finishing and painting.

One other thing I recall: There was a display case with fireworks and rocketry memorabilia. Military rockets and some Reese industries things I don't remember the details of.