Thread: Estes 'Aloha'
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 10:41 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
Years ago I worked part time at a hobby shop (more for the discount than the money).
While looking over the packing list of the lates shipment, checking to see what we receievd fron Estes I saw a kit name that I didn't recognize, the 'Aloha'. Naturally I started pawing through every box in the backroom looking for this new kit, without any luck. I checked the list again, to make sure I had the name right, and sure enough, there in black and white was
Kit# 1225 'Aloha'. "Hmmm, #1225 looks familiar - can't be a new # - what's going on here?"
I started looking through the kits again, checking the #'s this time. More than a little sheepishly I realized what had happened. The packing list was printed on a pinwriter, and the 'O' was actually 'P', the printer had just dropped the bottom half. My co-workers had a good time with that for a few weeks. We commemerated the event by building an 'Alpha', dubbing it 'Aloha', and sticking a Aerotech D21 in it and ripping the fins off it 50' above the launch pad. Below are the remains...

Sean

Just in case you want to 'really' have some fun, try using this attached decal pattern for your next attempt...

Craig McGraw