View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 01:38 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I do not know what version of green hang-tag my kits had. I always saved the header cards, but always cut the tags off & threw 'em out.
If I had to guess at the production date it was definitely between 1974 and 1976 as the person I would buy from had a huge garage-full of kits that were all procured prior to 1978.

He was the father of someone I went to school with, and I never could get a straight story as to where all the kits came from.
Literally had shelves upon shelves of Centuri LJII, Saturn V, and S1B kits as well as Estes 1/70 K29 S1B and 1/100 K-36 Saturn V's. in that garage along with shelves containing boxes of hundreds of other kits. The basement of the house contained thousands of motors and kits as well. The collection literally would have taken more than a semi-trailer to move.
Never did buy any of his 1/45 Centuri LJII or 1/70 Estes Saturn 1B kits but wish I did. Even back then he was asking premium pricing as they were becoming very scarce in the early 80's. I did see one of the 1/45 LJII's of his fly on a 29mm Enerjet Conversion kit. Think it flew on a F52-5, but it may have been an E24-4.

The same guy with a couple of buddies would bring multiple launch racks to the high school field and have a public rocket launch at least 3-4 times a summer. He would always have a van-load of kits and motors to sell. I bought kits/motors from him all through the late 80's and maybe early 90's....I think it was around 1990 or 1991 his son called to tell me my source for cheap rocketry kits had ended as his dad sold off the whole collection to one buyer for well into the $ 5-figure realm. Was still able to get motors for about 25 cents on the dollar for a few more years.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !