Thread: MPC History
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 09:32 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Default MRI Launch Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
Seems like a good place to post these:

Below are a couple of MRI pieces. The first is an instruction card and nichrome igniter wire that came with their motors. Apparently there were 2 versions, one lightly larger. Pictured are the front and back. Both sizes are identical, except that on the larger card, both sides are printed in red.

The second is a detail of a MRI parachute that came with a kit I bought back in 67/68 from a Hobby Shop in Woburn, Ma. Not sure, but I think it was the Icarus. Very thick plastic, and I remember it being quite difficult to stuff into the min. diameter tube.

Sean

This was included in an ebay auction win circa mid-2000's. I confirmed w/Stefan (SEJ) at a club launch on Saturday what I thought I remembered, that this is a MRI Launch Pad. It's very small, the legs are only 6'' long. The bag is stapled shut but its never been opened, so I need to decide if I want to let the MRI pixie dust otut and set it up to take a picture. I have a launch rod around here somewhere that I think came with the pad. looks a bit different from the standard Estes/Centuri type of the time period; It has more of a copper-y color to it. The red rubber ball is so you don't put your eye out, kid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  MRI_LaunchPad1.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  383.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  MRI_LaunchPad2.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  308.9 KB  
SAM #0031