View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Launching since 1970.

They had used the "D20" designation in early discussion, but that is not a final designation.

it would be safe to assume it will be somewhere between a 12 and 21 Newton average thrust.

It is composite.

I've seen and touched a prototype casing which was on display at the iHobby show (dangling on a tether around the neck of a Quest person). They had a brochure showing silouettes of the motor and some larger kits and the brochures said something like "Top Secret coming in Spring 2006".

I would like to see this D in an "LUR" version, if that is possible, but I did not ask if that was in the plans. I would personally assume that it will be marketed to normal Model Rocket folks who need a simple "plug and play" motor.

Speaking of simple - the Q2 igniter is now better. Probably better than the Estes igniter now. They made the lead wires thicker so they do not bend together and short out when you install the Q2 with an igniter plug or "tac". They are packed on a protective card inside a retail bag. Word is that some 3 packs of motors will still have TigerTail igniters until the supply runs out, but the bulk packs are all being loaded with Q2 igniters. If you really like TigerTails, you can probably phone in an order for bulk packs of motors and request only TigerTails. Our club bought 600 A6-4 motors (for use in class programs) and 100 C motors in bulk packs and we requested Q2 igniters when we were asked what we preferred. We had no idea we would get the new version (or that the new version existed). Cool!

Quest also now has a real catalog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Has Quest set anything "in stone" about what the rating will be? Are we talking about a D3-x or something more "impulsive"?