Thread: Meet the Doctor
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Master Modeler

Default Meet the Doctor

Hello all my fellow rocketeers.

The Rocket Doctor is back, after a hiatus, it's hard to believe that the Estes Forum was shut down on April 21st.

I have been in the hobby for the past 43 years now, having built, flown aned lost a huge amount of rockets over these many years.

My main interest was Estes kits, but, I did have favorite Centuri kits, such as the Centuri Saturn V and the Mach 10.

I was, and the key word is was, a marketing consultant for Estes in one way or another for many years.

I was not an Estes employee, but, an independent consultant.

My designs included the Baby Bertha, Estres No 2 Skywriter, Screamin MiMi, Deluxe Super Shot Screw Machine (not my original name), Converter, and the 36 D Squared (wh8ich originally had another name)

I have put together at least 25 - 35 prototypes, and, was to have four of them produced at the beginning of this year (2007).

For those of you who had followed the Estes Forum or was a member, the Forum was taking off, with good ideas and suggestions and concerns.

I tried my best to make changes, but, met with resistance along the way.

The length of the shcok cords were supposed to have been changed, and, apparently they weren't.

I brought up your concerns about engines, new products, shock cords and the reintroduction of vintage kits.

I was very sincere with what i posted, exciting thing were supposed to have come along, but, at this point, I don't know.

I also tried to get Estes to particpate in NARCON,NSL and NARAM in one way or another.

And, I ppushed for anniversary products for the Estes 50th (June 12,2008)

Once again, I thank all of you for your support.

RD