View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

I Personally have over 500 hundred kits some built and many unbuilt, in all sizes from the Quest Micro-Maxx to the PML Pterodactyl at over 6 feet tall and I found fore storage of rockets the best method is Trunks. Trunks are tunable, clean, bug and rodent proof, and are excellent for stacking and very protective of the rockets. I have 11 trunks and have never had any rocket get damaged. They may be more expensive than plastic tubes, put you pay for what you get. I have purchased most of the trunks I have at Wal*Mart for around $24.00 and trunks hold more than most Plastic Tubs.

There is many ways to store or display built rockets, and my Lunar Rocket Display Stands from Spaced out Rocketry on Ye Old Rocket Shoppe did not sale, even though I am disappointed at least I can display my rockets with style. If the Display Stands had toke of I planed on other display stands such as multi display stands, Wall Stands, and a Mars display stand for the Mars Lander witch I build an original Estes Mars Lander about a year ago, and someday plan on building the Outlander. I would have made the Mars Stand so you could also display larger Mid Power rockets such as the Interceptor G.

Put anyway a cheap way to display many rockets is to take a 2x12 about 2 or more feet long, then drill a hole for each rocket and by staggering them glue in wooden dowels in different lengths depending on the rockets. Use masking tape or spent rocket motors to place on the rods then simply slide the rockets on the rod. Most important is to keep the rods at a 90% angel to the 2x12. This works will put is not much to look at.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Small Rocket Home Display.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  280.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Large Rocket Home Display.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  343.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Hobby Town Display.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  296.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Large Lunar Display Stand News pictures.jpg