Thread: Mig 21 RC RG
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 02:49 AM
Craftsman

I've tried MPF and value xps and variation, softness and stiffness ruled them out, cellfoam 88 was nice and stiff and consistent with a nice finish, but it was very weak, snapping much too easily. Foamboard is too heavy for my kits that I've found so far, and I tried the waterproof flitetest foam board and CA won't stick to it, they recommend hot glue which is heavy and would not work for my kits either The waterproof foamboard is brown so would require added weight from paint. No good substitute at this time, but I do have enough parts cut for 60 more kits till I run out.

My kits were a pretty optimum weight/size and strength, so finding an easy substitute that does not require a complete redesign, or reduction in boost/glide performance is not as simple as you might think. MPF is probably the closest thing out there, but I would not want to sell kits from it at this point.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronMike
Always nice to see what you're cranking out, Frank!!

Reckon you're also still searching for a suitable Depron replacement as well. Please keep us posted on those developments!