Thread: Bugs And Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Just another BAR!

Post Rocksim - Bugs and Issues

Note: The following are issues or "bugs" I've encountered working with Rocksim v9. (including the latest - Build 9.0.2 F72)

I post these here in hopes of helping to identify and fix outstanding issues in order to help make a great piece of software even better!

Found issues and bugs:

1. CSV Part File Issues

- General clean up of default CSV files (i.e. wrong material type, etc.)

- Extraneous Field / Columns found in CSV files.

- Question marks ("?") located in CSV file data.

- Inconsistent use of words (ie. oz, mm, cone, ogive) versus codes (ie. 0, 1, 0, 2) in CSV files.

2. Data Import Function - "Yes to All" and "No to All" options do not work. One must select yes or no for each imported part in question.

3. Program crashes when launching Rocksim (.rkt) file directly from Windows Explorer either by double clicking or opening from right-click content menu. (Known & Previously Identified Issue)

4. Most Recent Files list under File Menu does not update once max limit number of files are in list.

5. Cancel button on "Rocksim Database Import" dialog does not work. You need to use the "X" button in upper right window title bar to close diaglog.

6. Selecting "Rotate Around R and S Axis" options causes 3D object to change shape. (i.e. fin shape)

7. The option button graphics in the Cluster Wizard appear to be too small. (Minor)

8. Rocksim does not maintain or remember window positions. User must reset every single time window or dialog is opened.

9. Min / Max buttons should be enabled on all program windows and dialogs.

10. Option to export 2D image "top view" is missing. Only side and base views are currently available.