Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmbanjo
FOUR?

Yes! Four!
Quote:
Those look great Tim!
I like the extra work you did on the missiles.

Thanks! We have both edges here with one of the kits being built by a thirteen year-old at one end and an old well practiced model builder at the other. The mark of a great kit - looks good stock yet has potential to be much more. Good stuff. My wife and daughter built the other two, although a lot of my daughter's was done by me (work, training, make-up, et al).

Quote:
I hope the builds went well so far -

The builds went well. I intended this to be a family thing and it worked out well with all of us getting into it. It was gratifying to see my son interested in something without a screen - his was finished first. The kits went together easily, parts fit, nothing hard to do (especially when certain young people read the instructions or at least look at the pictures.) I like that the fin was the last thing on so there was nothing interfering with the details on the bottom. Logical. I'll put up a more thorough review later in the week.

We were a little pressed for time to get ready for the club launch this weekend so no paint or cockpits. We flew them twice on B6-4s - drag race! They fly great! We got a lot of attention on the range.

So, for an encore may I suggest the F104, Chris? I'm also kicking around and idea of getting another four kits and kit-bashing a set of F9F-6 Cougars for a matching set of Blue Angels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_0825.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  811.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_0826.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  181.3 KB