View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 03:40 PM
Master Modeler

Hi Chris,
Once again I agree with you 100% that the DR Zooch Saturn V is the best stand off small scale going bar none. I like the easy of the build. The fit of the parts. He has done an excellent job of giving all of us an affordable Saturn V to fly.

I guess what I'm getting at is I have built a few of the Always Saturn Vs and I would like to see someone give us a kit that is such a perfect size with the detail that this kit has.

How meany years is Estes going to sell this kit so it sets not to be built because you read time after time of someone who has hours of getting it built only to be afraid it well crash on the first or second flight, or the ones who do fly them and report of bad flights or crashes. Everyone who reads about a Dr. Zooch Saturn V wants to build one because you hear how well it flies. Not how it crashed.

I guess that's what I'm getting at. Why does Estes give us a Saturn V that we want to do the best to build? To make it flyable over and over but doesn't have the motors to offer. I know someone is going to chime in here and say convert it to a 29mm or use an Aerotech E or F something to fly it on. I could do that but why. I think Estes should be confident the Saturn V they sell you well fly on their motors. Not rebuild it after every flight.

Once again my two cents.......