View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Craftsman

Post Hello from an old spacemodeling snob

I just discovered this great website and more than happy to contribute. I started flying rockets in 1971 and was one of the founding members of the SSKC ,spacemodeling society of kansas city. The location of Naram-19. I also worked full and part time at Flight systems inc. from 1977 to 1986. I know I have seen several people ask questions about the history of FSI and I might be able to plug it in for them. I know that some peoples memorys get a bit fuzzy on subjects from back then. I saw a post where Doug Pratt had listed Dallas as the location of Naram-19 and that was the first place he saw Star wars. I know Doug remembers he was the CD of Naram-19 at Johnson county community college in Overland park, Ks. He had the other mixed up with the Dallas area rocket society meet in june of that yr. There were 4 or 5 of us that went to a 2am showing of Star wars at the Garland Cinema 2 because we had a guest speaker from LTV aerospace do a talk on the scout that did not finish till after midnight.