View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by olDave
There is at least one listing (that I just saw) for a large group of motors, and they are clearly labeled "model rocket motors" in the listing. IIRC, that's definitely against ebay policy.

I guess my point is that if ebay WANTED to enforce its own rules, seems like it would be a simple matter to write a few lines of filter code/software to look for no-no words in the titles and descriptions. Seems like ebay don't really give a darn. So why expect ebay to scrutinize an advert to see if the items are genuine or counterfeit? It just ain't gonna happen, ebay is too busy making money.

Ebay deals with so many items on a daily basis, even with software catching things, it would be and astronomical amount to deal with. They probably are just going off complaints, and only the one's they have time for. I see engines on ebay more and more these days. I often wonder what would happen if one was to buy engines off ebay, and contact USPS to watch out for a package that contains items requiring a permit and the shipper doesn't have a permit? I think USPS once found out it was from an ebay seller, they might nick at the pocket of ebay as well. After all, they are responsible for what is sold on ebay, correct?