View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
RD, I direct your attention to a kit currently selling on Ebay.............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...:MEWA:IT&ih=010

Is this legitimate? Do you ever remember seeing Estes 'kitting' their old DOM rocket plans? This thing doesn't even have a price on it, and the only Estes kits I have ever seen without a price were the special 'Bonus' kits. So is this for real? If not, the Ebay 'fraud squad' should be notified at once so that some unsuspecting collector doesn't get burned. Any comments you have would be most welcome. Thanks in advance for your input.

Joe

Joe

I would be very suspicious of this one. In over 44 years in the hobby, I have never seen anything such as this.

From the header, it would have had a carboard insert, as mentioned, if you would carefully take the header apart and reseal it, you coulp put anything into a bog and try to sell it.

As also mentioned, this was from a MRN, and "kit 30" is not a kit, just a design. I guess anyone could "kit" a kit and try to sell it as an original.

I will try to find out about this "oddity".

RD

Check out the seller ID "sillysusancat" with only 3 feedbacks, also, look at the other items that the seller has up for bid. An Estes launcher and many metal trucks etc.