Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default New here

Hello everyone as I am new here I will give the quick rundown of myself. I have not done model rocketry in years and was looking to get started back into it once I get new job (getting fired sucks). My first rocket experiences was with my grandfather and dad launching their old models. I first started my stuff with an Estes patriot missile model that was most likely a skill level 1 grandfather got it for me and helped put it together. I figure I was about 10-12 at the time. Then I got busy with school and computers then lost interest for awhile. I recently found my old stuff and it has sparked my interest again. My stepfather has rocketry stuff that he has never flown so I figured I can help him as well and this looked like a good place if I needed advice on just about anything. Happy to see places like this and that model rocketry is not dead.

Now for one of the main questions I have about some of the stuff found in my stepfathers collection and whether or not they are worth selling and what they might be worth to purchase something newer.

He has the Estes Star Trek #1418 Starter kit. It is still in the box and it appears everything is still there including the engines. He also has a 1976 Estes catalog. The reason he is wondering about whether or not it would be worth selling is that he already has one put together.

Hope everyone's next launch is a safe and successful one,

The UnstoppableOnion