Thread: Ask Mike
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Can you list all of the kits that you have designed and that were made into kits?

What was your favorite one and what was your least favorite one.?
?
What about the Classic Series and the WM Sustainables?

Will motors, especially boosters be availabe at WM for the above mentioned kits?

Doc - gotta pull out all my catalogs to make that list - and trying to remeber all the disigns I did that were never accepted as kits is truly an impossible task. From the early 70's to the mid 90's I usually submitted about 12-15 new designs each yearly marketing meeting that weren't accpeted. I have wished many times I had at least kept a photo of each.

As I had posted earlier, I truly don't have a favorite. The Swat is the one I would like to forget.

With most of the HR-4040 issues taken care of, we are now back on track to produce the Classics. While I did all the mechanical work to get them physically ready, Mike Fritz has tackeled re-writing all the instructions and following up on the paperwork. They're in the pipe, Ken - just a little while longer....

I did the original Sustainable series of 20 models in 6 days. Once marketing decided which models they wanted, it took another 30 or so days to do all the specifications, laser cut patterns, decors, etc. Again, Mike Fritz handled the paperwork and instructions.

We began shipping the first 3 last week. We will ship the remainer in 2 more lots of 4 later in the year. That's the plan anyway. Hopefully there isn't an HR-4041 brewing.

Yes, there will be more motors - paperwork is in process now.