View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 09:36 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Default rocketeers are great people.

Not that we all didn;t know already, but somany rocket people go out of their way to help others - I've had peopl send free parts, kits, Mark ( Launch Magazine ) offered a free issue when I missed one while laid off from work ( I declined, but am truly impressed ) , etc. etc.

now, I've given away kits, motors, catalogs, decals, etc to club members, local kids, a few ppl on this list, etc.. but always feel truly hummbled when others do same for me - hope I'm "paying forward" as much as you guys

most recent item was the 1980 Estes catalog Joe sent from one of the FROGS kits.. I had bid on these, forgot it was ending and they went to a good home .
had figured on keeping one and reselling the catalogs to break even, maybe even make a buck, lol ... my bioiggest reason is I wanted the 1980 catalog since it's the one I remember from my 'youth' . I got started, iirc, Oct 1976 ( Birthday ) , and I had a 78 ( Star Wars cover) catalog that I always took care of as a Star Wars nut ( back then ) , later got a 76 from a friend, but the one I remeber, and have used and dreamed over, and used for reference , is the 1980 .

I still have my original, one owner, used and abused, taped together, ragged catalog I still reference to this day... and will continue to doso while the minty one stays pretty to remind me of where it all started, this obsession ...

THANK YOU JOE .

~ AL

( comparison pics below )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  80catalogs.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  44.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  80backs.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  55.3 KB