View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 01:12 PM
BP Mafia

Default More pics

E-mail me for copies.

[Edited by LTVScout to add descriptions for the photos.]

The first pic from the left shows the first Farside X and the prototype for the Astron Scout. The people in this picture from the left are: Jack Mohney (MoJack), Dave Seer (WOOSH Member) and Mark Smeiska (WOOSH Member).

The second picture is me goofing around with the first ever Big Bertha. Vern built this rocket to use at demonstration launches. It proved to be so popular that they later made it a free plan and then a kit. It became the largest selling rocket Estes ever made. I believe it is now also the "oldest" kit still made.

The third picture is showing me hoarding all the beer at our beer lofting contest. The "contest" had already been going for a couple hours by this time and most everyone else had dropped out by then. Kelo is sitting next to me with a cool beer bottle shadow on his shirt. I don't know if that's an artifact from the flash or what. Pretty cool though.

The fourth picture shows Mark Thell from I believe the MASSA club paging through some of the Estes' memorabilia. He's holding his Mars Lander kit that he had Vern autograph for him. I don't know the other two people to Mark Thell's left. That's Mark Smeiska's head in the far left of the picture.

The fifth picture shows a closeup of one of the many glamour shots that were on Vern's Big Bertha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Jack beams at the Tarantula Carrier.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  444.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Men behaving badly.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  448.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Scott and Kelo with the dead soldiers.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  456.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Unidentified guy with his SIGNED Mars Lander box.jpg