View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 09:34 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Also, the later re-intro Satellite Interceptor kit did not include the plastic engine-nozzle-shaped tailcone. Did not understand that either.
When Estes first started their line of "Bring Backs", Estes listened that builders wanted balsa fins/cones.
I however don't think they understood that only meant where they were used in the ORIGINAL kits though.
The weirdest example of this was the re-issue of the Centuri "Phoenix Bird", which ALL BAR-types would expect to have a plastic "Enerjet" fin-can and a plastic nose-cone like the original, especially as they were still using that fin-can. When BARs saw the kits with 'improper'/un-original balsa fins/cones I think a lot of sales were lost due to this. If a kit had used both balsa/plastic nose cones through it's life (such as the Cherokee-D or A-20 Demon) either would be acceptable. I don't know of any kits from any manufacturer that started with either balsa or plastic fins then changed in their production run.
Other strange examples of this included the re-issue of the Orbital Transport, Scissor-Wing Transport, and Astron SkyDart with plastic cones instead of original balsa.
In all fairness, the Astron SkyDart was released as the SkyDart II, and not as a classic re-issue...other than the plastic cone, removal of LEAD weights, and some strange decal placement, it was the same as the original.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !