View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:55 AM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
ok, here's the scan as best I can get it to go ( CRM photos / printing was not exactly perfect anyways,lol ) .

BJ humphries with the two-stager.

My own looks like this one ( note payload section/cone not in photo), except mine is painted in 80's poupular bright paint - metallic burgundy and purple with mylar trim, but with flourescent orange booster... will try to get a pic of my version , now that I have batteries for the camera :-)

also will get pics of my LASOR clones as promised.

~ AL

AL

Thanks for posting the image and yes I'd be interested in specs on this one as well as a pic of your version when you have time!

Very interesting and if you read all of the text in that photo from CRM it states that Gary R. took the photo at Anaheim Stadium in 1974. There are two small images I used in my post about the ARG Prototypes that I just finished building that were taken from the October 1982 CRM of the "Historical" EnerJet two-stage rocket designed by Larry Brown and that rocket was also referenced in that article as being flown at Anaheim Stadium in 1974, pretty cool huh?

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...900&postcount=7

I guess Anaheim Stadium was the place to be in 1974 to see a lot of these EnerJet rockets fly first hand

In the October 1982 CRM issue there was a dimensioned drawing of the Larry Brown two-stage design as drawn by Jerry 8-14-82. I don't have permission to post the plans but for your trouble of getting us some specs on yours, I'd be more than happy to email you the entire page that I cropped the images from that includes the dimensions for that rocket. It wasn't a true 2250 booster because it used 24mm motor tubes in Centuri ST-20, not 29mm motor tubes like I had originally thought and was a typical Larry Brown design, very unique.

{In that same April 83 CRM issue you referenced and posted the image from there is a cool USR ad that shows Jerry's EnerJet 2650 Uprated in flight on F100-0's staged to F100-10's}.
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates