View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Wholeheartedly agree with the statement above from Blackshire about the supposed yet NON EXISTENT opioid/opiate "crisis".
I'm of the opinion that if someone's name is followed by the letters MD or DO, they should be able to prescribe whatever they dammed well please to their patients with ZERO interference from the DEA.
Gov't overreach into the medical profession by the DEA is causing patients in real pain having trouble getting their meds they need as the Physicians are being intimidated by jackbooted DEA tactics and unwarranted oversight.

For real pain relief from injuries, NOTHING comes close to opioids.
I have several friends that are Physicians as well as Dentists and they echo the same sentiment.

A few years back "a friend" had a severe debilitating back injury that was not correctable by surgery that lasted 9 months before opioid therapy could be discontinued. Had ZERO problems with any sort of addiction or withdrawal. They took meds AS DIRECTED and never increased the dosage without consent of their Physician.
Problems happen when individuals take opioids to get "high" and not for therapeutic purposes.
Thank you. Putting it colloquially, "the pain absorbs the high"; a body in pain doesn't react the same way to opioids (and cannabis, too) as the body of someone who *isn't* in pain, but is seeking to get high. My uncle Bill (a former rodeo cowboy), and Dorothy, a late former co-worker of mine, both had severe chronic pain--from oral cancer and severe diabetic neuropathy, respectively--and both found that cannabis tea kept them pain-free, while *not* making them the least bit "stoned," and:

I would use cannabis in tea form myself to control the occasional "spikes" of pain (it's legal in Alaska), if I wouldn't be denied morphine if urine tests revealed THC in my system. It is *L-O-N-G* past time for government, at all levels, to grow up and get out of peoples' lives if they aren't harming anyone. Their attitude (which also forces informed adults who want fresh, un-processed milk to become part-owners of dairy cows, nanny goats, and even lactating mares [which used to be a non-issue]) is so "copulated-up" that if I happened across a unicorn (or more likely, vice-versa) and he or she cured all of my diseases, I think the government would want to arrest the unicorn, and prosecute her or him for practicing medicine without a license...
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR