View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

The hobby shops around me still have TONS of "stick built" R/C airplane kits as well as ARFs that are "stick built", not the cheap plastic park fliers many talk about.
Those "original style" R/C aircraft do not come cheap though.
I still have about 8 R/C planes in flyable condition as well as about 20 kits ranging for engines from .010 to 120 size. Have not flown in about 3 years and dropped my club membership last year.
The only aspect of R/C I never got into that I always wanted to was turbine flying.
WAAAAAYYYYY too many hassles and regs regarding turbines within the AMA.
My homeowners insurance covers ALL model aircraft incidents, no matter the power, no matter where. The AMA should operate the SAME way.
They should be treated just like ANY other engine, period. Many sport pylon aircraft far exceed the top speed of several turbine powered aircraft.
I'm not one that likes to deal with a lot of rules and hassles.

A real shame about Cox engines as they are the engines that started me into R/C.
I still occasionally fly 010 and 020 powered micro R/C stuff in my backyard.
When they were bought out by Estes I knew it was a disaster that would kill the Cox company as I knew it.
It took a little longer than I thought it would.

I have ZERO interest in electric R/C planes or any other "green" activity other than the COLOR green as a paint color. If the plane does not have a FUEL BURNING, NOISEMAKER on the front (or on the inside as a turbine/ducted fan), count me OUT !!!

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !