View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 09:41 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I don't think it was as recent as 2009. If it was a going out of business sale, it was probably just for that particular mall store. Most likely the store was discontinuing rocketry products, or the newer non-cobra packaging motors were out and they were getting rid of old style stock. I just don't remember. I should, because I've only bought large bunches of clearance motors a few times. Pink packaged motors once, Cobra packaged motors once, and at Walmart a few times with their special retail packaging (wadding included, two motor packs, etc.).

They had regular rocketry clearances since the late 80's. I've recently sold the last little bit of 80's rocket kits I was hoarding from a KayBee sale back in 1988. I wish I knew then what I've known for the past 15 years of eBay and had bought a lot more of it. There were lots of Centuri kits at the KayBee in Athens and I ignored them. I still have a LTV Scout I bought at a KayBee in Guelph, Ontario in 1991, though its torn bag disqualifies it from being much of a collectors item.