View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 05:41 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thruster
For RC there are universal tools needed like the electric starter and glow driver. What are the things you bring to the field on launch day? What are some of the tricks to make loading the engines and readying the rocket for flight.
I have a hand held tool box that fits 2 estes launch pads, 2 launch controllers, a box with 24 engines, a small box to hold igniters I will use for that day, a small box to hold the igniter plugs, pliers, CA glue and some lead weight. Have I forgotten anything?

Another good thread...

I have a plastic Craftsman tool box with removeable tray insert, and two snap-in small parts boxes on the lid. They're usually empty, but they would be good for extra igniters and nozzle plugs.

I take a grill mat to place the launch pad on top of, instead of setting it directly on the ground. Keeps stray sparks and the occasional rod-hang from causing a grass fire.

I'm debating carrying a hand-pump garden sprayer with about a gallon of water in it during the dry months.

The box carries at least two controller units, some spare batteries, a gallon bag of dog barf, a container of talcuum powder, a small box of loose motors (left-overs from opened packs), some spare parachutes and streamers, extra snap links, a roll of masking tape, an X-Acto #1 knife and spare #11 blades, pens and small notebooks.

Recently I've been carrying a digital camera with me to record some flight moments, a large notebook, and now my laptop computer to link with my AstroVision to download captures.

Generally, I carry two or three bottles of water to drink, especially in the warm months.

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635