View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Forest Sprite

Estes released so many exotic designs over the years - how is a person supposed to pick just 20? If we limit the choices to ones that we have actually built (or even just bought), as opposed to having just seen them in a catalog, then the list will be much shorter, or you'll hear from fewer people, including me.

I could have included the WFSP in my post. I considered doing that, but then I started thinking about why I would include some but not others in my list. Estes released so many exotic designs over the years, but to tell the truth, I never built any of them (because I wasn't building any rockets at all during nearly all of those years). So when I look back at all of the exotics that Estes released, I feel that they all look good to me (well, most anyway). And since I never built or owned hardly any of them (I have a couple now), it is hard for me to name my "favorites."

BTW, I think that #2191 is a real exotic design, too.

I'm surprised that more people didn't mention the #1372 Alien Explorer. That kit and the USS Andromeda are right at the top of my list of the most exotic designs that Estes ever released. I'm also surprised that no one has mentioned the #2120 Venus Probe or the #2163 Exoskell. Regarding these last two, do kits that feature a lot of molded plastic count?

MarkII
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011