View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Good to know

Okay, thank you everyone for your responses!
I do understand the instability of zinc/sulfur, and I would like to point out that if we were not taking safety precautions, I probably wouldn't be asking about safety concerns.

I know that most if not all of you are dealing with many other and more advanced topics, but I appreciate your time on this!

tbzep, that's good to know. I knew it could be unpredictable, which was why we hadn't tried it.

ghrocketman, I am curious what "many better alternatives" you might suggest. Good to know about the lack of safety though.

luke strawwalker, Thanks for the tip! We have seen several "The king of random" videos, although they provide minimal detail in certain situations. We did our best to follow those directions step-by-step, but had the same issue. I suspect it is a chemistry problem. We will consider and try looking for the hose nipples you suggested, although right now, the PSI our white mix generates is barely enough to even measure.

astronwolf, A bucket of cold water never hurts, and I do appreciate your concern. We are doing our best to take precautions and take it slow. (And yes, gloves and aprons are involved, as well as fire extinguishers, and more) As for blowing ourselves up, that is why we are talking and researching, instead of just trying blindly. One of "the right forums" couldn't help, which is why I was seeking some varied advice. If you have suggestions as to where this should be asked, we welcome them. Meanwhile, we are doing reading (offline as well as online). We entirely understand that the smallest chemical change can alter the molecule's properties immensely. It was a guess based on my lack of understanding of calcium stearate.