View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 04:22 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernomatic
If you look on the top panel of the portable power supply, I think I see a socket (covered) for a 12 volt plug. "Recycle" a plug from a old 12 volt gadget (or you can buy one at some auto stores),swap with the battery clips and now you have easier access to that 12 volt power by plugging into the portable power supplies' 12 v outlet.

Want even more versatility? Use RCA jacks on the end of the power supply lines and on the battery clamps and on the 12 v. plug, and now in mere seconds, you can switch to whatever power source you have.

BTW, If you don't have the 12 v. portable power supply (aka jumper battery, car booster battery...) still having the 12 v. plug makes it awful convenient to just plug into the car's cigarette lighter instead of opening the hood and messing around under there. I know my '95 lumina van even had an outlet in the back so when I opened the rear hatch to get to my supplies it was right there.

You are correct sir... it does have a cig lighter plug. I have the parts to do it but I haven't gotten around to it yet. The "clip the clamps on the clips" thing actually works very well and still allows me to use a regular car battery if need be.

The thing actually charges through the cig plug. Has a double-ended cig plug connected with speaker wire, that can jumper from the truck cig lighter to the jumper pack receptacle to charge on the drive out, or a wall-wart with a cig plug on the end that plugs into the battery jumper box to charge it in the house.

Later! OL JR