Thread: Akela-1 scans
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
Scott, thank you for posting the link! I have an HP1210 printer/copier/scanner. Would it yield good quality print-outs? Also, do they print at 100% "straight" from the file? Lastly, what clear decal film sheets do you recommend for printing decals? I apologize for the very basic questions, but I've never done this before.

We have an HP 6940 and it makes pretty good decals, as do most HP inkjets. Since yours being multi-purpose, I don't know. As for printing 100% scale, it depends on the program you print with. That being said, 9 times out of 10 a file won't print at 100% without adjusting settings. Always do several B&W drafts on plain paper to test the size of the decals and to make sure that they actually fit on the page (having decals cut off will make you a VERY unhappy camper).

I would also suggest you download GIMP . It is a powerful image editing program that can handle anything you would ever want to do with decals, and best of all it's FREE! Simple editing like scaling and rearranging is pretty easy. Serious decal editing and creating has a fairly steep learning curve, but that would be the same with any program. The printer settings are also pretty easy to adjust. Just click ignore page margins and set the X and Y resolution to 300 , and it should print at 100% scale.