Thread: Edsel
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Hp or torque per litre is largely meaningless.
Total torque "under the curve" is what means more. A relatively flat torque curve is much more "drivable" than a peaky curve.
The Corvette is NOT overpriced for what one gets for the price. Anything else equivalent costs 2 to 3 times the price.
Corvettes are designed/engineered with RACING in mind FIRST. That is why their serviceability is so good. There is a reason why most Corvette owners have one for the rest of their life. Great value and performance for the $$$.
They don't rust either.

Once again, apples to oranges. Keep comparing two totally different beasts. You brought up the Vette. I was just talking about what a nice little piece of work the 5.0L Coyote engine is. But since you keep throwing the Vette into the fray, I'll again mention that considering displacement, the little 5.0L kicks your LS's tail.

And drivability...the new Camaro is slower in the 1/4 mile than the Mustang, yet it has more torque and is lighter.

If you wanted to win, you should have brought up the similar displacement Ford 6.2L gas engine that has less HP/torque than your LS in naturally aspirated form.