View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
So, I had my coupon in my wallet, looking for something I didn't already have umpteen of, or couldn't duplicate with parts in the bin...

Nada...

The Hobby Lobby here in Mobile is really beginning to look sparse in the rocketry area. They have really backed-off on the stock levels in the past year or so...

Yet, there was something on the wall at HL that caught my attention today. A "Super Alpha" with a CLEARANCE sticker on it. $8.99, marked down from $14.99. That one came home...

I might have to work this one up in RockSim with a 24mm mount...

And another, the "Comet Chaser", with yet another CLEARANCE sticker. $7.79, marked down from $12.99. I look carefully and notice a squashed BT-50 tube, while the rest looked OK. I decided to grab it, too, as I could easily replace that section with some bin stock. The two balsa turnings alone would price out to at least that much...

And I still have my coupon...

I went to one of my KL stores today and had a similar problem. The only thing remotely interesting was the Vigilante, but I have one built stock that I have yet to fly. (I saw some painted in non-stock color schemes and wanted to have a go at one, but AFTER I get the first one flown.) I'd heard that someone found Mean Machines on clearance in their HL, but saw nothing in the Eastgate store. (My timing must blow. My friend Zog ALWAYS finds clearance deals.) I ended up with the camo paints for my FSI Hercules. If things dry okay tonight I may start getting to that tomorrow.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc - Starfighter Scorpion Centuri - Mini Dactyl Estes - F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc - Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark