View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The more I hear and see of her kits the more I think they are hideous piles of canine fecal matter that are not a good value at even HALF the asking price !
I SURE am glad I was never lured into purchasing one of the heaps.
That 1/48th Saturn 1B may be the worst joke of them all but is the ONLY 1/48th scale S1B supposed kit I know of.
Several (Sirius, Apogee, Polecat) Saturn V's are larger than the typical 1/100 kit, but there are no DECENT Saturn 1B kits larger than the 1/70th offerings by Apogee and Semroc.

ANY Saturn 1B kit that does NOT have individual full-round booster tanks is a HASHI-MOTO MESS in my book !

Rocketman,

There is noting wrong with her kits if you are just building and flying for fun. They are a great low-cost way to start building/flying medium power kits. I am just being hyper-critical as I am build for scale.

If I wanted a fun rocket, and I wanted a Mercury-Atlas, Gemini-Titan or Space Shuttle, I would buy, build and fly her kits.

Nothing wrong with what Chris and Sheri produced. And frankly, we need more garage manufactures, IMHO!

Take that Delta IV Heavy Lift model. There are short comings with that kit also... but again I am looking for scale. Great kits all around. Are they for the beginner? No no and NO! Are they for the first time Medium power flier ... no no and NO! Are they for people who have experience building high power, with a little R/C plane and plastic kit experience ... yes yes and YES! The Delta IV will be built for Next season. Not sure if I will enter it in internats or just use it for NAR competition. Love that slow roll program in the video ... EXTREMELY realistic!

I think on the 1b, weight would have been the issue that would have moved the rocket from mid-power into high power. High Power is dificult to fly: costs, finding a flying field and possible waivers. Medium power can be done out of a small park and sometimes without any hassle; sometimes. It was likely a financial desicision by SHR to cut corners, keep the weight down, and hopefully sell more rockets due to their, 'usibility'.

E.G., I wanted to build a cosmodrone Soyuez R-7, but it would have been way too heavy and reguired an H ... NAR won't allow it in competition

Now as for Sheri herself, she is HOT and will always be no matter what the status of her relationships with the customer ... kinda like a Black Widow spider and her male consort ... poor guy is going to die, but have fun in the process!!!

Jonathan