View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
AeroTech had a very successful 1992 LA RCHTA Show.

New catalog and new products. Not a company having problems that were affecting other hobby manufacturers at that time.

This was not what Barry Tunick was expecting.

At the conclusion of the 1992 LA RCHTA Show, Bill Dillman came over to the AeroTech booth and said his goodbyes to us. Bill was asked what he thought of the new AeroTech catalog.

Said Bill, "I put it in an Fedex overnight envelope to Penrose. They'll have it Monday morning".

The catalog reached Penrose the following Monday.

Tunick reviewed the catalog.

According to someone who was present in the room when Tunick finished looking at the the catalog (And I quote)...

"Barry had a cow!"

Tunick could not believe what he was seeing. All his efforts to put AeroTech out of buisness had, appartently, failed.

A new catalog.

New kits.

But what really got Tunick's attention was the announcement of 'B' & 'C' reloads for the RMS system priced comparable to what Estes was charging (Of course, a rocketeer still had to spend $40 for the RMS-18/20 casing).

To Tunick, this was a direct attack at Estes main revenue producing product. The C6-5 model rocket motor ousells all other 18mm model rocket motors. Now, AeroTech was offering C6-5 motors along with C6-3, C6-7, B6-4, etc.

First Quest, now AeroTech.

It was too much.

Tunick increased the activities to put AeroTech down by spreading negative rumors to hobby distributors/hobby shops, create issues for AeroTech with government agencies and the NFPA and even tried to get the NAR to ban reloadable motors.

As for me, I had to get all these new products into production!

(To be continued)

Gees, what a Richard!

Just abbreviate it.

http://sandmandecals.com/