Thread: Return of FSI?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Craftsman

Default Fsi

Flight Systems was originaly started in Louisville,Co. by George Roos George quickly got tired of the hobby side of the buisness and started looking to sell that in late 60's. Enter the Reeses. They bought the hobby side and moved it to Raytown,MO. George was still making the motors at the time and moved to Burns Flat,Ok. Flight Systems functioned out of there till 1980 when a employee was drilling F100-xx and got a hot bit into the propellant. A fire insued. They knew they had to get production away from city for safety concerns. We were already looking at getting away from George because of his quality issues and not shipping engines in a timely matter. Larry had already gone to OK. to help George make new spindles and catch up with production. A new location was found in Lone Jack,Mo. at a old Nike Missle Base. This base was purchased by a Lee's Summit rancher from the goverment after it was de-commisioned in late 60's. As far as I know Gibson still owns the site. Flight systems opperated out of there till 1994-5 when they ceased production. Flight systems leased most of the above ground buildings there. From what I can tell and what I have heard everything other than the engine machines have been setting in several trailers in storage.
Value......whatever someone would pay. Assets....... sounds like everything that was there in 94-95 is mostly there. I am going by what my friend told me that was there then. Like I say, I have NO details of what their buisness plan is but I am sure they will release something soon. I hope they have deep pockets to make it work.